A new SAIL/YAK from Hobie is now available in select shops. The Hobie Mirage Adventure Island, a 16′ Trimaran “Sail/yak” that incorporates the patented Hobie MirageDrive into a unique sailing machine unlike any other sailing craft on the water. This boat should be a speed-demon based on our experience with the Hobie Mirage Adventure kayak. The Adventure kayak is already a very versatile boat and appeals to recreational users, divers, exercise enthusiasts, and touring boaters. The Adventure Island appears to be a natural evolution to an already excellent platform. Here are the features that make the Adventure Island so special:
- A boomless, roller-furling sail rig completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable amas (outriggers) that fold up against the side of the boat, again with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, maneuverability, and transport.
- The cockpit is the stable platform of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedaled while under sail, or simply pedaled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Adventure Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a daggerboard; oversized “Twist and Stow” rudder; Turbo Fins; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama/Daggerboard Bag.
- The Adventure Island will be offered in two color packages: Yellow and Red. Both options include beautifully color-coordinated sails.