An Evening With Jennifer Pharr Davis
750 Marguerite Dr
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Join other trail enthusiasts to learn about and celebrate the Mountains-to-Sea Trail with National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, Jennifer Pharr Davis, on Thursday evening, September 21st at the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art (SECCA.)
Jennifer, a world-renowned hiker, author, and speaker, hiked the Appalachian Trail in 46 days in 2011. From August to November 2017, she will be hiking all 1175 miles of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST), from the Great Smokies to the Outer Banks.
On this MST hike, Jennifer’s not out to set a speed record. Instead her goal is raise awareness and support for her homestate trail as she hikes and explores North Carolina with her husband Brew and two young children (4-year-old Charley and 8-month-old Gus). On September 21st, she’ll talk about what inspires her about the MST, what she’s seen so far and what’s coming up further down the trail, plus the joys and challenges of hiking with little ones.
This family-friendly event will include:
- an inspiring talk by Jennifer with plenty of time for questions about the MST and hiking
- delicious refreshments and cash bar
- a song or two by Brew, Jennifer’s talented singer-songwriter husband
- lots of door prizes donated by presenting sponsor Great Outdoor Provision Co. and other donors to MST 40th Anniversary Fund
- book signing time with Jen (her books will be available for purchase, or you can bring your copies from home)
- a beautiful setting at SECCA, who will graciously open their galleries to attendees during the evening
- a chance to learn more about how you can support Friends of the MST’s work to build, protect and promote the trail.
Admission to the event is a donation to the Friends of the MST.All gifts are appreciated, but please consider a donation of at least $10 per person to help cover costs of the event. Jennifer is encouraging everyone who loves the outdoors and North Carolina to financially support the trail with a meaningful gift. The work of Friends – to build and protect the MST and help people hike it – is dependent on donations from individuals and companies who see the value of the trail in their own lives and communities.
We look forward to you joining us for this fun, inspirational night, celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the MST and Jennifer’s hike across our great state.