CharlotteAddress & Hours
Mon-Fri: 10am - 9pm
Sat: 10am - 6pm
Sun: 1pm - 6pm
Greetings from our Charlotte Store
SAVE THE DATE
THE PUMP HOUSE RIVER RUN
SATURDAY, JUNE 10, 2017
Registration opening soon. Check back here for updates.
Kayak rentals will be available from permitted outfitters for the event. Please check back for updates.This exciting two-stage adventure race consists of a three-mile paddle on the scenic Catawba River followed by a 5K Run on the Piedmont Medical Center Trail. Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Youth and Adult divisions welcome and participants can compete solo or as two-person relay team. Whether you are a river rat or 5K warrior, this off-beat duathlon will surely challenge your mind, body and spirit and reconnect you with nature and the great outdoors! Sponsored by the new Pump House American Restaurant and coordinated by Rock Hill Parks, Recreation and Tourism. Proceeds benefit the Nature Navigators Endowment.
USCG Type III or Type V life jackets are required for paddling on the river; helmets are suggested.Race Information
Waivers will be emailed to all participants before the race and will be available on-site the day of the race.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferrable after June 1, 2017.
- Event will proceed rain or shine unless conditions are deemed unsafe by the Race Director.
- Headphones, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are discouraged for the safety of all participants.
- All participants are responsible for making their own decisions while on the water including, but not limited to; which equipment to use, which route to take, whether their skill and experience level are appropriate for this experience based on current or anticipated weather/water/trail conditions.
- Volunteers and rescue personnel will be on site during both portions of the race; however, all participants are responsible for self-rescue while on the river.
- Kayak sitters will be available to watch kayaks at River Park until 2:00 PM
- Shuttles will be available for relay teams.
Race Schedule: Check back for updates.
For more information, please contact Hope Matthews at 803-817-5122.
Store manager Rudy Hayden knows that the best climber, fisher, or other outdoor sportsman is the one having the most fun. Anyone who has forgotten a rash guard while surfing or didn’t purchase a windbreaker for a rainy hike knows that it’s hard to have fun when you’re cold and underprepared. At Great Outdoor Provision Co. in Charlotte, our staff knows outdoor activities and the appropriate gear inside and out.
Looking for a sleeping bag that will keep you warm at a certain temperature? Need a particular fishing fly? Do you know you want a kayak, but aren’t sure what kind you’d like? Come to our store, and we’ll make sure that you get what you need.
Don’t worry – we won’t load you up with dozens of gadgets that barely fit in your backpack and weigh eighty pounds. Our time outdoors has taught us what things you really need (thermal baselayers) and what you probably don’t (ten-pound portable shower). Whatever your situation is, our experienced staff has probably encountered it before, and we can give you the products (and the advice!) that you need for a successful outdoor adventure.
Do you want to explore the outdoors, but aren’t quite sure what to do? Come to our boat demos,standup paddle board demos, fly tying classes, or kayak fishing clinics. At Great Outdoor Provision Co., we want to share our passion for the wilderness with you.